Click to see more 3KW solar systems that we have installed from Brisbane to the Gold Coast.
The Galleries below show a range of domestic and commercial solar systems installed by the professional Goodhew Solar team.
Solar systems are suitable for any roof surface – metal, tile or tin. The required roof space in square metres are as follows:
- 3kW solar system requires approximately 20 square metres of roof space
- 5kW solar system requires approximately 32 square metres of roof space
- 15kW solar system requires approximately 96 square metres of roof space
- 70kW solar system requires approximately 448 square metres of roof space.
The size of someone’s recommended solar system will depend on three things:
- what portion of electrical consumption is supposed to be generated by the system,
- the area of roof that is suitable for installation of panels,
- how much the customer is willing to spend.
Generally, the most benefit is gained by ‘self-consumption’, which means offsetting the higher retail tariff that you would pay by using power generated by your system instead of drawing power from the grid. Accordingly, it is important to match the system size to a customer’s household consumption. As an example, a 5kW solar system can reduce a $900 electricity bill down to $500. 3kW systems are recommended for smaller families with power bills ranging from approximately $400-$600 per quarter, whereas a 5kW system suits a household of up to five people that yields a $700-$1000 power bill per quarter.
The most popular system that we install is our 5kW solar system. It suits families of up to five people and also allows for larger properties that are running pools or multiple electronic devices and appliances. 5kW systems are the most versatile, suiting the majority of our customers.
A solar system’s efficiency is dependent on solar panels receiving enough sunlight so it is best if they are positioned on the parts of your roof that are facing North. No panels can be installed on a roof face that aims South. Additionally, solar systems are limited to a maximum of 600 volts on domestic properties. If this amount is exceeded on a commercial property, a cage must be installed.